To maximise the use of sustainable travel and minimise car/HGV trips, thus reducing the impact of employee and freight trips on the local community and highway network.
More specifically to:
- Facilitate, encourage and enable all forms of sustainable travel including walking, cycling, public transport and car sharing
- Reduce the number of single occupancy vehicles accessing the site
- Encourage healthy lifestyles
- Facilitate and encourage significant proportions of freight transport by sustainable modes such as rail or sea
- Reduce the number of road traffic movements particularly during traditional highway peak periods
- Minimise the impact on local communities by encouraging freight traffic to avoid the use of local roads
Periodic monitoring measures the success of the Travel Plan in achieving the above objectives. The results of such monitoring are reported via the Performance tab in the Information page.