DP World London Gateway (DP World) has a firm commitment to privacy and this policy (Privacy and Cookies Policy) sets out our information gathering and dissemination practices for the website at [www.londongateway.com] (the Site).
The Site contains links to other websites. Except as may be otherwise expressly provided herein, DP World is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Information collected by DP World
When you use the Site, we may collect the following types of information:
- correspondence between you and DP World; and
- certain information that we collect in the course of your use of the Site, including, but not limited to, your domain name and IP address, any information you provide in relation to a request for weekly, monthly or annual DP World news, your browser version, your operating system, the URL you came from (including third party URLs), the pages you visit within our Site, and the URL to which you go when you leave our Site (including third party URLs).
If you use a service provided by a third party, such third party may provide information about you, and possibly the services used, to DP World.
Data protection registration
- Personal Information which we obtain from you will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and any other laws or regulations currently in force in the United Kingdom (the Data Protection Legislation).
- DP World will only process personal data from you for specified and lawful purposes and any personal data that DP World obtains will be processed fairly and lawfully.
How DP World uses your information
DP World may use all information which we receive from you for the following purposes:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- for the detection of fraud and for market research purposes;
- for other reasonable purposes, always acting within the limits of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
Disclosure to third parties
Third Party Advertisers. DP World will not disclose, rent or sell any sensitive information about you to any third party
DP World may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
Storage and retention of data
- Any personal data DP World collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). By submitting any personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
- DP World take all reasonable steps to retain data only for the duration of the purpose for which it was obtained. When requested, DP World will delete personal data from current operational systems where it is no longer required. DP World may need to continue to hold some details about you after your relationship with DP World has ended, for example for legal and regulatory purposes.
- Upon request, DP World will use reasonable efforts to permit users to update and correct information previously provided in accordance with clause 6.3. You may also terminate your account and request removal of certain information about you from our database or opt-out of receiving certain types of communications from us and/or our Service Partners.
- DP World will retain in our files certain information you have requested us to remove in some circumstances, in order to resolve future disputes, to troubleshoot problems, or to enforce the DP World Terms and Conditions. If you engage in a transaction on our website, your transaction details will not be removed upon request. DP World will otherwise use commercially reasonable efforts to delete all sensitive company and user information from its database upon request; however, such deleted information is often not completely removed from our databases due to technical constraints and our policy of backing up data. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your sensitive information will be completely removed from our databases in response to your requests.
- DP World takes all reasonable steps to uphold your rights to protect your personal data, including the right to obtain information on, update or amend any personal data on you that DP World holds. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information DP World holds about you. You have the right to ask DP World not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting DP World using the details set out above.
While DP World strives to protect its customers’ and users’ personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. You acknowledge that you are aware of security and privacy limitations, including but not limited to: (1) the limitation of security, privacy and authentication measures and features in this system; and (2) that data or information on the Site may be subject to eavesdropping, sniffing, spoofing, forgery, spamming, “impostering”, tampering, breaking passwords, harassment, fraud, electronic trespassing, hacking, nuking, system contamination (including, without limitation, viruses, worms, and Trojan horses) causing unauthorised, damaging or harmful access and/or retrieval of information and data on your computer, may be subject to other security or privacy hazards or may not reach its destination or may reach an erroneous address or recipient. DP World does not accept any liability for information which has been obtained through unauthorised access to the Site.
DP World website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use the site. This analytical tool uses ‘cookies’, which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for DP World.
DP World will not (and will not allow any third party) to use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to our site. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source as part of our use of the Google statistical analytics tool. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
These cookies can be rejected or deleted by following the instructions for your browser set out here: www.allaboutcookies.org
Privacy & cookies policy does not cover third party websites.
Please note that this privacy and cookies policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, the privacy practices of third party websites which may be linked to this website.
Agreement to terms of privacy & cookies policy
By using this website and/or providing your personal information to us, you consent to the collection and use of personal data by us set out in this privacy and cookies policy.